Reinventing and reviving an annual conference is a challenge faced by all corporates that host the same event every year.
There are five things to remember that make for a relevant and renewed annual conference:.
- Delegates’ expectations must be challenged and using different venues and seating styles is a must.
- Keep entertainment simple. Far too often, big and bold is the immediate thought when wanting to entertain an audience, but a simple approach is key when one is doing it every year.
- Technology at events has become a must, but using it wisely and where appropriate is what makes the difference.
- Take delegates out of their comfort zones and ensure they are engaging not only with each other, but also with the speakers.
- Promote the event before and after it happens, ensuring it is well communicated and reported to delegates.
Compiled By: Melissa Jane Cook. Source: Travel And Meetings.