Oupa John Sefoka is a multi-talented entrepreneur with an unwavering passion for his work. Famously known in the entertainment industry as DJ Sumbody, Oupa has mastered the art of deejaying and creating shared memorable experiences that keep people entertained.
- When did your entrepreneurship journey begin and was DJ’ing always your passion?
My journey began back in 2006, with a small shuttle service business and events company, I knew for a very long time that I wanted to be in business. Transport was an obvious choice then because I grew up in transport industry. Yes, music has always been my passion.
- What, in your opinion, are some of the biggest trends shaping the DJ’ing industry in Africa and what should the industry look out for in 2018?
Making good music and getting a hit record, once you have your fan base nothing can stop you.
- If you could DJ around Africa, where would it be and why?
Zanzibar, I’ve always loved island festivals, the beauty of the island is an experience by itself. Maybe we might even take our “Ayepyep loves your city” tour to Zanzibar.
- We know that you are also the Co-owner of Ayepyep Lifestyle, a restaurant and lounge situated in Pretoria. What can people look forward to when visiting Ayepyep Lifestyle?
People should expect nothing less than top class Lifestyle, music, fashion and good food, the place transforms from day to night without losing its essence. You’d have to experience it yourself.
- Do you have a vision of growing the restaurant in Africa? If so, where?
Yes, we do have plans to expand into Africa and then the rest of the world, maybe even all the entertainment capitals, might see Ayepyep lifestyle lounge in Zanzibar in the next year or so.
- Lastly, what does your gig guide for the rest of 2017 look like? Any major events we should look out for?
Ayepyep loves Polokwane (our first city in the “Ayepyep loves your city” Tour , Cassper Nyovest’s Fill-up FNB and sapa yopa bikers event, I can’t mention all of them but I am fully booked for the rest of the year. Watch out for my social media pages for my gig guide and updates about the lifestyle.