One of the most famous entertainment complexes in the world, Sun City has recently been voted as the top weekend getaway destination.
Just 90 minutes from Johannesburg, the Sun International destination in the North West province is home to palaces, a hotel and an array of recreational and gambling activities and offers a premier vacation destination with over one million annual visitors. The lavish Palace of the Lost City is a major drawcard; this five star hotel offers every facility for a romantic African holiday, there are a number of other hotels to choose from, catering for all budgets.
A Vote Of Confidence
Sun City won two well-known readers’ choice awards in 2015:
- 2015 Leisure Options Best of Joburg Readers’ Choice Awards
Now in its 20th year and a respected barometer of what’s happening in the City of Gold, where to be seen and where you should be at, the award calls on readers to vote for their favourite places in over 100 categories. Each year, more than 100 000 submissions are received from the public.
- Annual Best Of Pretoria Awards Programme
The public is invited to cast their votes on the best places to go – from restaurants, hotels and resorts, to fashion boutiques.
Commenting on the awards, Mike van Vuuren, the Managing Executive at Sun City says: “For us, the fact that these awards are based on the public’s votes is significant. After all, it is our customers and guests who are the lifeblood of our business.”
Van Vuuren adds, “Our sustainability is largely dependent on our ability to keep Sun City relevant, attractive and accessible to South Africans.” Locals and tourists can enjoy:
- The Valley of the Waves with its simulated beach and manmade waves.
- Gambling at the vibrant casino.
- Vegas-style entertainment at the Sun City Superbowl.
- Game viewing to see elephants, rhino, lions and antelope in the nearby Pilanesberg National Park.
- Magnificent sporting and recreational activities and two world-class golf courses,
- A selection of restaurants, ranging from formal dining to casual; retail stores; take-away food outlets; night clubs; bars, a cinema and cafés.
Currently in the throes of an R800-million refurbishment to revitalise its iconic appeal and ensure that it retains its rightful place as South Africa’s entertainment mecca, be sure to put the Kingdom of Pleasure on your travel itinerary for 2016! Visit www.suninternational.com; Facebook SunCitySA; Twitter SunCityResortSA
Compiled by Katherine Swift
SOURCE AND IMAGES: THE MAIL ROOM PR.