HVS in South Africa has confirmed a sterling list of global and local speakers and topics for the upcoming inaugural Tourism, Hotel Investment and Networking Conference…
THINC Africa will take place in Cape Town from 6 to 7 September 2016. “THINC Africa is going to focus on the positives, the opportunities and how to mitigate the risks of doing business in Africa in the hotel space,” says managing partner of HVS in Cape Town, Tim Smith.
Among the list of speakers are:
- Tim Harris, Wesgro
- Mark Satterfield, Marriott
- Elie Younis, Rezidor
- Portia Tau-Sekati, Property Charter
- Gavin Courtenay, SATIB Trust
Covering topics such as:
- Using hotels to hedge currency fluctuations
- Managing risks in hotels in 21st Century Africa
- Opening Southern Africa to new markets
- Balancing the needs of owners and operators
- Using technology for the benefit of hotel owners
“One of the nicest compliments I’ve ever been paid was from Travelodge in the UK who said they were prepared to get up early and come to breakfast seminars because we always give opinion,” says Smith. “The hotel industry in Africa has got huge potential. There’s nothing more exciting than an industry that has got an opportunity to grow. Africa is being discovered by new markets almost on a daily basis and really does offer a great future for hoteliers and investors throughout the continent,” he said.
Delegates to THINC Africa will leave Cape Town enriched by detailed and well-considered comment and opinion that is thought-provoking challenging preconceived ideas and of benefit to their businesses.
Source: HVS Consulting. Image: Pixabay